• Office Administration degree or diploma required.
• 5-7 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant, or relevant role, preferred
• Ability to type (40) words per minute.
• Proficient use of various office based software including Microsoft Office 2010.
• Ability to speak Cree or Dene an asset.
• Knowledge of FASD an asset.
• Provide administrative support to all departmental members.
• Interact with financial institutions with respect to making deposits.
• Review and prepare all documents, reports and other correspondence materials for the management team.
• Courteously receive and screen all in-bound calls, emails, and visitors.
• Review, evaluate and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Take and transcribe dictation notes and meeting minutes.
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions.
• Assist with report and presentation preparation.
• Maintain a professional image and demeanor with all employees, management, executives and visitors at all times.
• Research and assist with all Requests for Proposals (RFP).
• Maintain and monitor office supply inventory levels and place orders as required.
• Prepare travel arrangements, book travel arrangements, and make reservations with a keen attention to detail, where necessary.
• Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required.
• Provide administrative support
• Maintain and update database
• Starting $32, 760.00/year
• 35 hr/week Monday to Friday
• Benefits after 3 months.
Please submit your resume with cover letter to:
Wanda Beland, Executive Director
PO Box 3668, High Level, Alberta T0H 1Z0
FASD Housing Coach/Day/Night
- High School Diploma
- Experience in the social services field in the area of disability supports an asset
- Knowledge of and experience in FASD informed supports an asset
- Must hold a valid Alberta Driver’s License (Class 5) or GDL
- Ability to work a 12 hour shift
- Must provide a Intervention Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check annually
- Standard 1st Aid is an asset
- Ability to work effectively within a team setting
- Good communication skills and inter-personal skills
- Ability to send and receive email
- Knowledge, understanding and sensitivity of various cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds of the clients or residence the society serves
- Ability to speak and/or understand the Dene or Cree language is considered an asset
- Ability to receive and follow through on constructive criticism
Respite Care Providers
“The FASD Society, in supporting parents, is accepting applications from interested individuals or couples who are able to provide respite services for families. Please indicate if you can do overnight respite or day. Also please indicate what age groups you are able to provide respite for.