FASD Coach Frontline Mackenzie Region
5 Positions Available
- High School Diploma with experience and/or some training in the social services field. Preference for a Post Secondary 2 year certificate program in related field.
- Must be reliable and able to work in a team setting and independently under minimal supervision.
- Be able to provide a clear criminal records check and child welfare check.
- Must be willing and able to attend training sessions.
- Flexible work hours.
- Must have a class 5 drivers and willing to provide a drivers abstract.
- Must have own vehicle.
- Ability to speak Cree or Dene an asset.
- Knowledge of FASD an asset.
- Provide direct outreach to clients.
- Home visitations.
- Some transportation of clients.
- Case management.
- Advocacy within all agencies and communities.
- Daily travel to surrounding communities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Starting $22.00 per hour
- 28 to 35 hr/week depending on client numbers (may be Monday to Friday)
- Benefits after 3 months.
Nancy Christian/Human Resources
PO Box 3668, High Level, Alberta T0H 1Z0
FASD Housing Coach/Day/Night Casual/Part-time
- High School Diploma
- Experience in the social services field in the area of disability supports an asset
- Knowledge of and experience in FASD informed supports an asset
- Must hold a valid Alberta Driver’s License (Class 5) or GDL
- Ability to work a 12 hour shift
- Must provide a Intervention Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check annually
- Standard 1st Aid is an asset
- Ability to work effectively within a team setting
- Good communication skills and inter-personal skills
- Ability to send and receive email
- Knowledge, understanding and sensitivity of various cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds of the clients or residence the society serves
- Ability to speak and/or understand the Dene or Cree language is considered an asset
- Ability to receive and follow through on constructive criticism